We make the most of the cool King Valley growing season and harvest at a low to
moderate potential alcohol (11.5-12%) to make a clear crisp style, not the full-bodied style more common to Northern Italy. We aim to capture the natural acidity and fresh pear and apple characters of this delicate variety.
90 Points - James Halliday Wine Companion
Given its soft acidity and texture, Arneis pairs well with lighter food flavours. Try seafood pasta, salads with creamy sauces and shellfish.
• Altitude of 450m
• Arneis rows run east west on a gentle east facing slope.
• Little canopy management is required. Some thinning in patches that clump.
• Hand harvested at a moderate sugar level in early March.
• Whole bunch pressing to gently extract the juice
• A cool, controlled fermentation to capture the purity of the fruit
• Some lees stirring in tank to build complexity
• Bottled in early August 2021.
• Alcohol 12.2%